December is a great month for spending time with our families, for being indoors—and for baking traditional foods to enjoy together. We are excited to share one of our favorite holiday recipes with you!
Lavender Lemon Scone Recipe
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
zest of one or more lemons
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender flowers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cream
8 tablespoons cold butter
1. Mix together sugar, lemon zest, and lavender flowers
2. Mix in flour, baking powder, soda, salt
3. In separate bowl, whisk together cream and egg
4. Cut cold butter slices into dry ingredients til pea sized
5. Stir in cream+egg mixture to dry ingredients (pay attention to moisture, if needed add more cream before mixing all in)
6. Form dough into a ball and pat into disk on lightly floured surface
7. Pat into 10" round, slightly mounded in middle
8. Cut round into triangles with floured knife
9. Brush with cream and arrange inch or so apart on a baking sheet
10. Bake on the middle rack in oven @ 400°F for 15 minutes. Check once or twice to make sure the bottoms aren't getting too brown. If so, move scones up a rack.
If you have any ideas on improving this recipe, or a favorite of your own, let us know in the comments!