It has been hot lately, so we have been thinking about how to stay cool. Here are some of our favorite summer recipes!
It's cooling, calming, and delicious. It's also fun to make, and great for kids. Stirring in the lemon juice at the end creates a chemical reaction that causes the lemonade to suddenly change color!
1 cup honey (or to taste)
5 cups water
1 Tbs. culinary lavender OR 1 drop of lavender essential oil (or to taste)
6 lemons juiced
lavender sprigs for garnish
1. Pour half the water in a pan, bring to a boil and remove from heat
2. Add honey and dried lavender or lavender oil and let sit for 20 minutes
3. Strain mixture and pour into larger container
4. Add lemon juice and remaining water – stir well
5. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Lavender Cold Compress
Is your skin feeling hot or inflamed during summer? Stayed out too long and got a sunburn? Try this cold compress!
4-6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Soft cotton or linen cloth
1. Pour two cups cold water into a non-reactive bowl and add oil
2. Stir well to disperse oils. A whisk works well
3. Soak your cloth in the infused water and wring it out enough that it won’t drip
4. Apply cloth to affected areas